In accordance with the California Public Records Act, the City of Union City strives to promptly review requests and release public records. To enable staff to respond to your request as efficiently as possible, please be as descriptive as possible.
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING A POLICE REPORT YOU WILL NEED TO INCLUDE THE REPORT NUMBER IN YOUR REQUEST.
BE ADVISED THAT YOUR NAME WILL BE DISPLAYED ALONG WITH YOUR REQUEST WHEN THE REQUEST IS PUBLISHED.
Please include a date, time and/or specific address in your request whenever possible. Submissions will be edited to redact or remove sensitive and/or confidential information, such as social security numbers, dates of birth, or other information the disclosure of which would constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy. Please note that not all records requests will be able to be made publicly available.
If you request copies, you understand that there may be charges for duplication of these specific records. Payment is required prior to releasing copies of requested records.
- 8.5" X 11" black and white - $.50 per page (first 10 pages) then $.10 per page thereafter (same document)
- 8.5" X 11" color - $.75 per page
- 8.5" X 14" black and white - $.50 per page (first 10 pages) then $.10 per page thereafter (same document)
- 8.5" X 14" color - $.75 per page
- 11" X 17" black and white - $1.00 per page (first 10 pages) $.20 per page thereafter (same document)
There is no cost for providing the record electronically. Whenever possible the City will provide the records electronically unless otherwise specified.